Marriage or Partner Visas for Australia

Simple Wedding

Are you planning to marry an Australian and want to live here?  Then you may be looking at your visa options for this purpose.

There are 2 distinctly different types of visa and it’s important to know the difference: the Prospective Marriage Visa, Subclass 300 – and the Partner Visa, Subclasses 820 and 801.  The information you need is all on this website, but most people find it best to employ an agent to help them.

Please feel free to contact me for names of agents who I have worked with in Western Australia and who I have found to be very helpful and reliable.

If couples wish to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa, they will usually need a letter from a Celebrant, confirming that a Notice of Intended Marriage has been lodged and that a wedding has been booked.

My role would involve receiving (and lodging) a Notice of Intended Marriage for the couple and then to provide them with a letter for the relevant Embassy confirming that the couple has indeed lodged their intent with me