Ron & Tracy - Hillarys

Awwwww thank you SO much Liz. It truly was a magical day and you were wonderful. It is I who needs to say it was an honour to work with you. I knew I had made the right decision to go ahead with Liz Hayes as soon as I saw your photo on your website. I will HIGHLY recommend you to everyone I know who is getting married!!! You rock xoxo

Ron & Tracy

Legals Only

If you’re planning an Overseas Wedding – Bali, other parts of Indonesia, India, China, Sri Lanka or Malaysia for example – but still want to have the legal registration in Australia, then “Legal Weddings” could be perfect for you!  For $350-$450 you can have a fully legal Australian Marriage, complete with the legal commemorative certificate, which is given to you to take with you on the day.

These ceremonies are usually conducted by myself, Liz Hayes Celebrant, where I invite couples to simply join me for 15 minutes, at Chinta Cafe for a brief legal ceremony and document signing.  The legal paperwork will be completed.   Your marriage will then be legally registered in Australia. No uncertainties.

Simple and affordable – without the traffic jams or parking problems that you would often encounter in the city!



Well, you go ahead and enjoy your wonderful overseas wedding in the country of your choice – but without the need to visit consulates or pay their fees (often getting caught in traffic jams at the same time).  There is also no need to get involved with other countries’ religious requirements.  Some countries (Indonesia for instance) insist on each party to the marriage, both being of the same recognised religion.  Instead you will be able to fully enjoy time with family and friends, or simply relax and soak up the atmosphere and the delights of your chosen destination.

On returning to Western Australia, you simply attend Chinta Cafe, at your appointed time, where the legal registration will take place.  Present will be yourselves, along with 2 witnesses over the age of 18 and up to 2 other guests.   After the brief ceremony has taken place, you will be invited to celebrate this quiet, but meaningful occasion, with an aperitif or a soft drink of your choice.  Depending on the time of day and availability, you might like to ask others to join you for a drink and something to eat as a small celebration?


You need to complete the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) at least one month before the date that the legal marriage will take place.  If you would like me to witness your signatures on the NOIM at this time, we will need to make a time to meet briefly – however, if you would like to take advantage of the $280 price, then you will need to sign Page 4 of the NOIM in front of an authorised witness.  You can then scan and email the document to me.   Suitable witnesses are listed below:

* This Notice must be signed in the presence of any of the following:

(a) if a party signs the Notice in Australia—an authorised celebrant, a Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, a justice of the peace, a barrister or solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, or a member of the Australian Federal Police or the police force of a State or Territory;

(b) if a party signs the Notice outside Australia—an Australian Consular Officer, an Australian Diplomatic Officer, a notary public, an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, or an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

Note: For the definitions of Australian Consular Officer and Australian Diplomatic Officer, see section 2 of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

I will also need to sight your valid passports, prior to the ceremony, as well as any divorce, death or name change certificates as applicable.  (Originals only are acceptable.)

For further information regarding legal requirements for an Australian Legal Marriage Ceremony go to this page.

If a Legal Wedding might be what you’re looking for, but you would like to know more, please give me a call on +61 (0) 424703399 or contact me here.